Last Updated: June 20, 2022
Our processing of personal information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number, shall be undertaken consistent with the requirements of applicable privacy laws, including, but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”), and the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
2.Information We Collect
2.1Personal Information We Collect Directly from You
We collect personal information directly from you when you voluntarily provide us with such personal information, including, without limitation, unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal information in messages you send to us. We may also collect additional information, which may be personal information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Such personal information may include, without limitation, the following:
- •Selling, Purchasing, or Consigning a Vehicle through duPont REGISTRY Services:
- •If you are interested in selling, purchasing, and/or consigning a vehicle to duPont REGISTRY through duPont REGISTRY Services, we may collect personal information you provide to us so that we can contact you to consider such sale, purchase or consignment or to request that you submit additional information. This may include your name, company name, address, email address, telephone number, driver’s license/ID information, photo, gender, date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, bank name, and bank account and routing numbers.
- •For example, we may collect information to create your vehicle listing, to verify vehicle ownership, to confirm funds availability, to process payments, to populate purchase and sale documents, and to provide user support.
- •Registering with duPont REGISTRY Services:
- •If you register with us or subscribe to receive specific information or services via duPont REGISTRY Services, we will collect your registration information, such as name, email address, mail address, telephone number, username and password.
- •Registering via duPont REGISTRY Services will give you the ability to personalize your experience and allow us to deliver content which aligns with your requests.
2.2Information From Third Party Sources
Some third parties, such as our business partners and service providers, provide us with personal information about you, such as the following:
2.3Information We Automatically Collect When You Use Our Site
In order to access and use certain areas or features of duPont REGISTRY Services, you consent to our collection and use of certain information about your use of duPont REGISTRY Services through the use of tracking technologies or by other passive means. Your consent to our access and use of this “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to duPont REGISTRY Services, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on duPont REGISTRY Services, the pages you looked at on duPont REGISTRY Services, other webpages you visited before and after visiting duPont REGISTRY Services, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to duPont REGISTRY Services, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- •Traffic Data:We also may automatically collect certain data when you use duPont REGISTRY Services, such as: (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access duPont REGISTRY Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access duPont REGISTRY Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed duPont REGISTRY Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and duPont REGISTRY Services (collectively, “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be personal information.
3.How We Collect Information
We collect information (including personal information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with duPont REGISTRY Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such means of collection include:
- •When you use duPont REGISTRY Services’ interactive tools and services;
- •When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through duPont REGISTRY Services or through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- •If you use a location-enabled browser, we may receive information about your location and mobile device, as applicable;
- •Through Cookies, web beacons, analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools”), as described below; and
- •When you use the “Contact Us” function on duPont REGISTRY Services, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
4.Tracking Tools, Behavioral Advertising, and Opt-Out Options
We may use tools outlined below in order to provide our duPont REGISTRY Services to advertise to and better understand users.
- •Absolutely necessary Cookies. These Cookies are essential to enable you to move around a website and use its features. Without these Cookies, services you have asked for, like adding items to an online order, cannot be provided.
- •Performance Cookies. These Cookies collect information about how you use our duPont REGISTRY Services. Information collected includes, for example, the Internet browsers and operating systems used, the domain name of the website previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages viewed. These Cookies do not collect information that personally identifies you and only collect aggregated and anonymous information. Performance Cookies are used to improve the user-friendliness of a website and enhance your experience.
- •Functionality Cookies. These Cookies allow duPont REGISTRY Services to remember choices you make (such as your username or ID, language preference, or the area or region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These Cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other customizable parts of web pages. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these Cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- •Web Beacons: “Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect information about the use of our duPont REGISTRY Services, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using duPont REGISTRY Services, using selected publishers’ websites or opening emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising (discussed further below).
- •Web Service Analytics: We may use third-party analytics services in connection with duPont REGISTRY Services, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text typed into duPont REGISTRY Services. We use the information collected from these services to help make duPont REGISTRY Services easier to use and as otherwise set forth in Section 5 (How We Use Your Information). These analytics services generally do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across web services that do not use their services.
- •Mobile Device Identifiers: As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help duPont REGISTRY learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors in order to personalize and improve the Site. Mobile device identifiers are data stored on mobile devices that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of personal information (such as media access control, address and location) and Traffic Data.
We may use a type of advertising commonly known as interest-based or online behavioral advertising. This means that some of our partners use Tracking Tools to collect information about a user’s online activities to display duPont REGISTRY ads to the user based on the user’s interests (“Behavioral Advertising”). Such partners may include third-party service providers, advertisers, advertising networks or platforms, traffic measurement service providers, marketing analytics service providers, and other third party service providers (collectively,“Advertising Service Providers”). Other Tracking Tools used by our partners may collect information when you use the Site, such as IP address, mobile device ID, operating system, browser, web page interactions, geographic location and demographic information, such as gender and age range. These Tracking Tools help duPont REGISTRY learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
4.3Options for Opting out of Cookies and Mobile Device Identifiers
If we process Cookies based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any point in time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide your consent on a case-by-case basis for the use by us or disclosure of certain Cookies, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our services.
Some web browsers allow you to reject Cookies or to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your computer, tablet or mobile device. You may be able to reject mobile device identifiers by activating the appropriate setting on your mobile device. Although you are not required to accept duPont REGISTRY’s Cookies or mobile device identifiers, if you block or reject them, you may not have access to all features available through duPont REGISTRY Services.
- •You may opt out of receiving certain Cookies and certain trackers by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) opt out page or the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) opt out page, or by installing the DAA’s AppChoice app (for iOS; for Android) on your mobile computing device. When you use these opt-out features, an “opt-out” Cookie will be placed on your computer, tablet or mobile computing device indicating that you do not want to receive interest-based advertising from NAI or DAA member companies. If you delete Cookies on your computer, tablet or mobile computing device, you may need to opt out again. For information about how to opt out of interest-based advertising on mobile devices, please visit http://www.applicationprivacy.org/expressing-your-behavioral-advertising-choices-on-a-mobile-device. You will need to opt out of each browser and device for which you desire to apply these opt-out features.
- •Even after opting out of Behavioral Advertising, you may still see duPont REGISTRY advertisements that are not interest-based (i.e., not targeted toward you). Also, opting out does not mean that duPont REGISTRY is no longer using Tracking Tools — duPont REGISTRY still may collect information about your use of duPont REGISTRY Services even after you have opted out of Behavioral Advertising and may still serve advertisements to you via duPont REGISTRY Services based on information it collects via duPont REGISTRY Services.
4.4How duPont REGISTRY Responds to Browser “Do Not Track” (DNT) Signals
Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to web services that a visitor does not want to have their online activity and behavior tracked. If a web service operator elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the web service operator may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many web service operators, including duPont REGISTRY, do not proactively respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
5.How We Use Your Information
We may use information (including information that has been de-identified and/or aggregated) to better understand who uses duPont REGISTRY Services and how we can deliver a better user experience.
We use information, including personal information, to provide duPont REGISTRY Services and to help improve duPont REGISTRY Services, to develop new services, and to advertise (for example, to display duPont REGISTRY ads on other web services). Specifically, such use may include:
- •Providing you with the products, services and information you request;
- •Responding to correspondence that we receive from you;
- •Contacting you when necessary or requested;
- •Providing, maintaining, administering or expanding duPont REGISTRY Services, performing business analyses, or for other internal purposes to support, improve or enhance our business, duPont REGISTRY Services, and other products and services we offer;
- •Customizing or tailoring your experience of duPont REGISTRY Services, which may include sending customized messages or information;
- •Notifying you about certain resources or services we think you may be interested in learning more about;
- •Sending you information about duPont REGISTRY or our products or duPont REGISTRY Services;
- •Sending emails and other communications that display content that we think will interest you and according to your preferences;
- •Showing you advertisements, including interest-based or online behavioral advertising;
- •Using statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- •Fulfilling our legally required obligations, such as preventing, detecting and investigating security incidents and potentially illegal or prohibited activities;
- •Resolving disputes;
- •Protecting against or deterring fraudulent, illegal, or harmful actions; and
By providing your e-mail and/or phone number and checking a box, clicking the “complete” button, or some other affirmative act, you are consenting to receive e-mails and/or calls and text messages, including live, pre-recorded, and/or automated calls and text messages and alerts, to that phone number. After signing up, you will receive a confirmation e-mail or text message from duPont REGISTRY on your mobile number. This agreement is not entered into as a term or requirement of any purchase or promotion. Normal message and data rates may apply. Message frequency may vary. Neither we nor the participating carriers guarantee that messages will be delivered. We may discontinue these programs at any time without notice.
Compatible carriers may include: AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, Alltel (Verizon Wireless), U.S. Cellular, Cellular One, MetroPCS, ACS/Alaska, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central Illinois, Centennial Wireless, Cox Communications, EKN/Appalachian Wireless, GCI, Illinois Valley Cellular, Immix/Keystone Wireless, Inland Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Rural Cellular Corporation, Thumb Cellular, United Wireless, West Central (WCC), Cellcom, C Spire Wireless CellSouth, Cricket, Cincinnati Bell and Virgin Mobile®.
6.How We Share Your Information
In certain circumstances, and in order to perform duPont REGISTRY Services, we may share certain information that we collect from you, as described in this section:
- •We do not sell your personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information with our partners to customize or display our advertising.
- •We may share your personal information and/or Traffic Data with our partners who perform operational services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, data storage, security, insurance verification, web service analytics, or ad serving) and/or who make certain services, features or functionality available to our users.
- •To determine if users have interacted with content across multiple devices and to match such devices, we work with partners who analyze device activity data and/or rely on your information (including demographic, geographic and interest-based data). To supplement this analysis, we also provide de-identified data to these partners. Based on this data, we may then display targeted advertisements across devices that we believe are associated or use this data to further analyze usage of duPont REGISTRY Services across devices.
- •We may transfer your personal information to another company in connection with a proposed merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of duPont REGISTRY (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
We store and process your information on our servers in the United States. We maintain industry standard backup and archival systems. Although we make good faith efforts to store personal information in a secure operating environment that is not open to the public, we do not and cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Any information you send to us electronically, while using duPont REGISTRY Services or otherwise interacting with us, may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecure channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information to us. Please be aware though that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee “perfect security.” Any information you send us through any means is transmitted at your own risk.
If at any time during or after our relationship we believe that the security of your personal information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail to the most recent e-mail address you have provided us. If you receive a notice from us, you can print it to retain a copy of it. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please include your address when you submit your request. You can make this election any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request. You may also use this e-mail address to request a print copy, at no charge, of an electronic notice we have sent to you regarding a compromise of your personal information.
8.1Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide personal information through duPont REGISTRY Services. However, if you choose not to disclose certain personal information, you may not be able to register as a user of duPont REGISTRY Services, which may limit your access to certain portions of duPont REGISTRY Services. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights, including otherwise denying you goods or services, providing you with a different level or quality of services, or charging you different prices or rates for services.
8.2California Privacy Rights
In the preceding 12 months, we collected and disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about California consumers:
|Category||Examples||Collected?||Categories of Recipients|
|Identifiers||Name, address, e-mail address, IP address||Yes|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute||Name, telephone number, driver’s license number, professional-related information, credit card information or any other financial information, and employment-related information||Yes|
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Name, age, citizenship, nationality, ancestry, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, proof of eligibility to work||Yes|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with the Website||Yes||None|
|Geolocation data||IP address data||Yes||None|
|Professional or employment-related information||Proof of eligibility to work, resumé, other professional-related information and employment-related information||Yes|
|Inferences from the foregoing||None||No||None|
- •Auditing related to our interactions with you;
- •Legal compliance;
- •Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and exercising our related rights;
- •Performing services (for us or our service provider);
- •Internal research for technological improvement;
- •Internal operations;
- •Activities to maintain and improve our services; and
- •Other one-time or short-term uses.
Your Rights. Where applicable, if you are a California resident you may have the following rights under the CCPA in relation to personal information we have collected about you, to the extent required by the CCPA and subject to verification and any applicable exceptions:
Right to Know/Access: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of certain personal information about you as described below:
- •The specific pieces of personal information collected;
- •The categories of personal information collected;
- •The categories of sources from whom the personal information is collected;
- •The purpose for collecting the personal information; and
- •The categories of third parties with whom we have shared the personal information.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information.
Freedom from Discrimination: You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising any of the rights above.
To make a request in relation to the above rights, please contact us using the information in Section 13 below. To fulfill your request, we will need to verify your identity.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to personal information collected about you. To designate an authorized agent, the authorized agent must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that they have been authorized by you to act on their behalf, such as a notarized power-of-attorney.
8.3Canada, European Union and United Kingdom Privacy Rights
If our processing of your personal information is subject to GDPR, UK GDPR and/or PIPEDA, and unless subject to an exemption, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal data, as applicable:
- •The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller;
- •The right to request that we correct any personal data about you;
- •The right to request your personal data be erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data;
- •The right to withdraw your consent at any time to the processing of personal data to which you previously provided consent for processing;
- •The right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal data;
- •The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction be placed on further processing;
- •The right to object to the processing of personal data (where applicable); and
- •The right to lodge a complaint with a data supervisory authority.
Please note that we will need to verify your identity before we are able to process any of the requests described in this Section 8, and in our discretion, may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity. As a part of this process, government or other identification may be required.
9.How Long We Retain Your Information
10.Information Provided on Behalf of Children and Others
11.Third Party Web Services
duPont Classics LLC
Attn: Customer Care
4600 140th Avenue North #210
Clearwater, FL 33762